University of Zimbabwe
The Administration Officer will be responsible for the day to day administration of the National Number Plate Plant. He/she will report to the Coordinator.
Duties and responsibilities
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Provide general administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the of the Number Plate Production Plant
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level of the Plant, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders and verifying receipt
- Devise systems to maximize attendance to work by all staff at the Number Plate Production Plant
- Ensure that all administrative systems are adhered to and implemented in the Department by all staff.
- Ensure that all staff are properly organized and supervised to ensure effective execution of the maintenance Plant.
- Monitor the attendance of all staff specifically logging in and out of staff at their workstations.
- Assist in the drafting and preparation of regularly scheduled reports, memoranda, etc.
- Ensure that quality control tools/mechanisms are in place so that University’s high standards are achieved and maintained.
- Filtering all mail and communications and servicing meetings as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Degree in Social Sciences or related field.
- At least four years post-qualification working experience.
- Computer literacy
- A good record of integrity, honesty, reliability, trustworthy, good leadership, organizational skills and be of sober habits.
- Mature, creative individual with the ability to work under pressure and to balance competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with figures, formulate project proposals and budgets.
How To Apply
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Six copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars indicating full name, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, present salary, telephone number and names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar, Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP 167
Or Hand delivered to the Administration Block, door number 113
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday 16 September 2022.
NB: Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit hararevoice.com.