The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Assist with integration and processing of large data sets of biophysical and agronomic data.
- Assist with the development of minimum and maximum input data standards for crop modeling.
- Conduct descriptive analysis of different data sets and more complex analysis as specified below.
- Conduct crop model simulations, yield gap and resource-use efficiency analysis.
- Assist project and CIMMYT management in any other matters as and when required.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- MSc in Agriculture Science with a strong focus on Agronomy. Proved skills in data science (R and/or Python programming) would be of added value.
- Experience with data analysis skills and familiarity with crop growth simulation models and statistical analysis.
- Proven record of research publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Previous work experience at a national or international research center would be an added advantage.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving and Decision Making, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution and Communication.
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit unjobs.org.