- Prepares purchase orders for approvals in line with Cimas Purchasing policy.
- Prospects for new and alternative sources of supply both locally and internationally and recommends to the Procurement Manager.
- Confirms with suppliers (preferred suppliers list) regarding product specifications, quality, price and lead times to ensure that requirements are met.
- Prepares comparative schedules, evaluates and recommends suitable suppliers to the Procurement Manager.
- Negotiates prices with suppliers in line with delegated authority.
- Advises suppliers of approved purchase orders and follows up for product delivery.
- Follows up on the documents and payments to ensure supplier payments are done in line with service level agreements.
- Researches and evaluates the supplies market to assess availability of products and prices and keeps abreast of developments and changes within the market.
- Conducts supplier’s turnaround time on delivery and advises the users and the Procurement Manager.
- Adjudicates the registration of new suppliers and ensures all relevant documentation is checked and verified before proposing them approval.
- Maintains an up-to-date preferred list of suppliers in the database and files for ease of reference during Request for Quotation (RFQ) process.
- Prepares a suppliers and market report and submits to the Procurement Manager.
- Liaises with Legal in the preparation of suppliers’ contracts.
- Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Experience in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management in a similar environment of 2 – 4 years.
- Clear verbal and written communication and ability to prepare accurate reports.
- Ability to plan and organise in line with job requirements.
- Ability to analyse and solve work related problems to achieve the correct outcomes.
- Ability to interact, negotiate (where applicable) and achieve targets.
If you are interested and you meet the stipulated requirements, please submit your letter of motivation and CV to this email email@example.com or click here https://lnkd.in/gHMsG2cE no later than Friday the 23rd of September 2022. Clearly highlight the position applied for in the email subject.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org