1. Supports the development of capacity development and transition strategies and plans:
- Support the Capacity Development Officer in coordinating the inputs from PMU functional unit team leads and national partners for the design and approval of results-focused, indicator-based and prioritized capacity development and transition strategies and plans with clear milestones to strengthen national entities that will, in due course, take over the full implementation of Global Fund grants;
- Supports on the budgeting and costing of capacity development strategies and activities;
- Supports the development of the annual work plan and budget for capacity development and transition activities in line with GF and CCM approved plans;
- Provides administrative support to the PSC meetings;
- Prepares any relevant documents to support the necessary capacity development activities;
- Liaises regularly with implementing partners to get update on activities, to gain relevant supporting documentation for CD Activities and to ensure timely disbursement requests and reporting; and
- Under the guidance of the Capacity Development Officer supports the preparation of any Terms of Reference and advertisements for the recruitment of additional capacity to support implementation of the capacity development plan.
2. Supports the implementation and oversight of the capacity building and transition activities
- Support the Capacity Building Officer on the implementation and oversight of the capacity development and transition plans and mechanisms in line with approved plans;
- Supports the Capacity Development Officer to prepare a monitoring framework for the status, results, milestones for the capacity development and transition plans;
- Under the guidance of the Capacity Development Officer supports in identifying implementation bottlenecks and identifies ways to resolve the same to strengthen implementation and oversight of the capacity development and transition plan;
- Supports the Capacity Development Officer prepare Global Fund reports on progress on capacity building and transition planning (e.g., PUDR, etc.); and
- Supports the Capacity Development Officer to review disbursement requests from SRs for the TB and Malaria grants.
3. Sharing of capacity building and transition activities
- Contributes to high quality program briefs and inputs to UNDP reports including, Annual Reports, with inputs related to the capacity development and transition plans;
- Assists in the organization of the workshops, seminars, and planned events as per the requirements of the capacity development and transition plan;
- Support the Capacity Development Officer to identify, document, and best practices and lessons learned to build capacity and knowledge with all relevant partners;
- Supports reporting to all relevant stakeholders;
- Assists in annual, mid-term and final reviews of the capacity development and transition plan; and
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
4. Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Contribute in the formulation and implementation of capacity building activities;
- Contribute in the formulating and managing capacity building budgets;
- Proven ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team;
- Experience with working or interacting with government officials.
5. Support the Capacitary Development Administrative and Operational Activities
- Prepare e-requisitions for procurement of goods and services for CD, S4H, Anti-Corruption in the Health Sector and Global Fund PMU activities;
- Receipting of goods in Atlas and uploading of supporting documents in DMS link for transactions +USD20,000;
- Uploading Supporting documents for goods/ services received and facilitate timely payments for goods and services to ensure expenditure is recorded appropriately in ATLAS;
- Prepare travel documents including the Internal Memo for field missions in country, regional and international for CD, CCM and PMU activities;
- Prepare Travel Requests, F10 in ATLAS for PMU staff, Government Staff and other IPs;
- Booking of flights for CD activities;
- Organization of CD meetings internal and external;
- Prepare for Capacity Development meetings, workshops and trainings logistics.
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit unjobs.org.