Purpose of the job To plan and provide Switch application support, diagnostics and analytics for all BancABC digital channels and
implement all new digital channels, Switch and e and m-commerce solutions in collaboration with internal and external
• Advises and recommends to Technical Services Manager on Channels
• Provide Supervision, mentoring, training, appraisal and recruitment of
Payments Switch Analyst
• Identifies, proposes and plans the design and development of channels
services in collaboration with internal and external developers
• Reviews Technical specifications in collaboration with internal
developers and external service providers to ensure optimal
• Carry out scheduled maintenance of channels services
• Analyses, on a daily basis, system reports and resolves system issues or
bottlenecks to ensure maximum availability and performance of the
switch and other applications.
• Supports and maintains the Switch and implements the Switch
integrations to the Core banking system or Third-Party Providers such
as ZSS, PEX and Zimswitch
• Performs system tests (upgrades, releases and patches) on switch and
related applications and submit a technical report to the Technical
• Assists with planning, testing and implementation of software upgrades
by consultants and works closely with the applications developers and
• Recommends Payments and e and m Commerce system architecture to
the Technical Services Manager
• Review User Profile Matrix as per business requirements or audit
• Review UATs and documentation for new product deployments
Channels Support & Monitoring
• Troubleshoots and resolves transaction related issues according to
incident and problem management processes on a daily basis.
• Performs administration of the Switch application and related
applications: controls and monitors users access permissions and
• Checks and works closely with Systems Engineers to ensure that
hardware resources allocated to applications are sufficient for high
resilience and performance.
• Ensure that end-to-end system availability is maintained at agreed
• Checks that scheduled jobs and processes are run as per business
• Works closely with the applications and Business departments to
provide technical and user manuals where applicable.
• Communicates regularly with other technical, applications and
operational staff to ensure application integrity and security.
• Provide training to end users on existing and new channels.
• Provides support for all deployed channel systems (Postilion, Card
Production System, PEX, TIETO, CR2, ZSS and Ecocash) and ensures
that agreed uptimes are maintained.
• Participates in implementing new e-channels and ensures that these are
deployed on time, within budget and meet customer requirements.
• Provides support for mobile banking, ZSS and Banking Services
• Participates in developing action plans to resolve system issues and
checks that requests allocated to Systems Analysts are attended to in
line with agreed SLAs.
• Provides support and implements new services on
• ATMs, Branch POS and Merchant POS
• Review Support approaches and develop or acquire better tools.
• Works closely with service providers and technical partners to ensure
that deployed Payments and e-Commerce solutions continue to meet Business expectations.
• Resolves identified Risk and Audit findings within the agreed
Cards, Third Party Processors and Core Banking Systems
• Implements and supports Instant Card issuance and EMV Chip and PIN
• Provides technical support for migration of Card products like VISA,
MasterCard and Zimswitch
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
• Participates in Business Continuity Planning, testing and evaluation
• Works closely with vendors and checks that the Bank’s switch platforms
back-ups are performed on a daily basis.
• Advises the Technical Service Manager on identified points of failure in
the deployed channels
• Analyse audit trail reports for channels
• Maintain and report User Profile Matrixes for channels
• Analyses daily, Weekly and Monthly reports for all
• Develop and provide requested transaction and system
• Review Reports in use and adjust to meet changing
business needs or opportunities
• Positive attitude.
• Efficient time management.
• Ambitious and energetic, able to get things done.
• Confident and resilient.
• Excellent communicator and motivator.
• Attention to detail.
• Risk aware.
• Task oriented.
• Maturity and credibility
Job Related Knowledge
Experience in the following is a mandatory:
• Microsoft SQL Server 2014-2019
• Windows Server O/S experience with virtual machine
• Good understanding of Postilion system and Smart Vista
• Postilion Realtime and Office SDK
• EMV processing experience
• Encryption hardware module experience
• VISA/Mastercard payment environment
• Understanding of Flexcube Core Banking integrations to
• Understanding of EFT protocols and message standards such as ISO 8583
Qualifications and Work Experience
• Degree in Computer Science /Information Systems
• MBA/MBL will be an added advantage
• Microsoft SQL Certified
• Postilion Basic Training Certified
• 5 years’ experience in a similar or related environment, with a minimum
of 3 or more years in a management position. Experience in the
Banking sector will be an added advantage.
• Experience in payment technologies (Base24, Postilion, ISO 8583)
• Recommended 3-5 years’ experience as a systems administrator
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements should e-mail their CVs to Careerszim@bancabc.co.zw with the Heading: “ Channels
Specialist” attaching all academic certificates and transcripts
APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH BancABC’s RECRUITMENT POLICY.
Closing date: 22 July 2022 1630hrs.
To apply for this job email your details to Careerszim@bancabc.co.zw