The Communications & Program Specialist will guide implementation of the Project’s communications strategy throughout the life of the project. The incumbent will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) in collaboration with the USAID Development Outreach and
Communications team and local partners to create communications products that showcase activity progress and success of the USAID Resilience ANCHORS activity. Specific duties for the Communications & Program Specialist include but aren’t limited to the following:
• Lead the design, development and implementation of a communications strategy, in collaboration with the USAID Development Outreach and Communications team
• Lead the production of polished and high-level communications materials for external dissemination, such as success stories, lessons learned, social media outputs, etc.
• Collaborate closely with USAID’s Development Outreach Communication team.
• Coordinate information dissemination, media outreach, and public events for the USAID Resilience ANCHORS Activity.
• Develop and maintain online outreach, including websites and social media.
• Formulate and implement innovative outreach efforts that promote the activities and successes of the USAID Resilience ANCHORS Activity.
• Coordinate with staff, partners, and stakeholders on communications procedures and tools.
• Ensure communication materials’ compliance with USAID branding and marking requirements as laid out in the Branding Implementation Plan and the Marking Plan.
• Provide support for USAID, internal ECODIT, and external reporting requirements; and
• Provide other relevant communications and program support as requested by the COP.
• Assist with program design and implementation
• Contribute to crafting of the Annual Work Plan
• Extensive Stakeholder engagement especially the various arms of the Government of Zimbabwe
• Facilitate effective partner coordination
• Contribute to the consolidation of annual reports
• Identify partner gaps and contribute to staff capacity building
• Review partner performance and offer expert advisory services
• Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Communications, Marketing, or another relevant field.
• At least five years of progressive and relevant work experience in the communications of large projects and/or programs.
• Demonstrated experience working on USAID projects, including familiarity with USAID communications requirements.
• Experience in implementing communications strategies for projects focused on community based NRM or a related area a plus.
• Superior English communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and ability to formulate strategic communications products.
Please submit a cover letter and an up-to-date resume/CV in English to email@example.com. ECODIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org