African Regional Intellectual Property Organization
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are invited from suitable candidates who are nationals of Zimbabwe to be considered for appointment to the post of Communications Associate: Content Creation, the full description of which is as follows:
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Duration of Appointment: Fixed–term contract of two (2) years (renewable, subject to satisfactory performance)
Scheduled date of commencement: 1 October 2022.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Reporting to the Communications Officer, the Communications Associate: Content Creation shall support the formulation and implementation of the communications strategies to extend the reach of ARIPO globally. Assist in managing the ARIPO brand and reputation through the development and curation of multimedia content that resonates with ARIPO stakeholders and carry out the following tasks:
- Provide background information and data for the development, implementation and review of the communication strategy;
- Provide logistical support to communication initiatives and campaigns i.e. discussions, press conferences, and other publicity events;
- Conduct research and compile inputs for background papers, talking points, speeches, correspondence, reports, official statements, project proposals and other publicity materials, as necessary;
- Prepare feature articles, news stories, visuals and graphics for the website, newsletters, social media platforms etc.;
- Maintain database of reference materials and photos highlighting programmes and activities;
- Maintain and update database of relevant press in the Host country and the Member States;
- Social media management; and
- Perform any other duties and tasks as may be assigned or delegated.
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Public Relations/Journalism/Media
- At least 3 years’ relevant post–qualification experience.
- A professional qualification in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or Graphic designing is desirable.
Competencies and Skills required:
- Proficiency in the use of computers applications and software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Graphics etc.) as well as web–based management systems;
- Proficiency in the use of social media and digital communication/marketing;
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across departments to achieve shared goals and optimize results;
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service–oriented and timely manner;
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work;
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Nationality: To be eligible for appointment, candidates must be nationals of Zimbabwe.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Conditions of employment shall be subject to the ARIPO Staff Rules and Procedures or be determined by the Administrative Council of the Organization.
Salary and allowances on first appointment shall be those applicable to Grade GS9 Step 1 of the ARIPO salary scales of the general service category.
Base Salary: US$15,432 per annum
Dependency Allowances: US$990 per year for a dependent child. Maximum number of children three (3).
Housing allowance: US$5,700 per annum
Other benefits include:
- Spouse allowance;
- Contributory medical aid scheme;
- Group Life Assurance and Funeral Scheme; and
- Annual leave of 30 working days.
The appointment is subject to a satisfactory United Nations type medical examination to be conducted by an ARIPO nominated medical practitioner.
APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS:
Applicants should submit an application letter together with: detailed curriculum vitae indicating pertinent personal data, and names, professional designations and addresses of two persons from whom evidence-based, professional references can be obtained; certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates; police clearance; and a passport size photograph.
Applicants should indicate in their personal data, the following:
- family name and first names;
- date and place of birth;
- nationality and detailed present address;
- full names, relationship, gender and date of birth of dependents;
- language abilities both written and spoken;
- educational background (main subjects, institutions, diplomas or degrees and marks of merit;
- employment record (present or most recent employment, previous employment); and
- any other relevant information.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications addressed to the Director General of ARIPO and saved as a single pdf file should be submitted by email only at: email@example.com not later than 15 July 2022. The reference to be indicated on the email subject is “Communications Associate: Content Creation”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org