To ensure that all bank operations conform with governing laws, regulations and best practice.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Implements anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism compliance management programmes as set out in the compliance plan.
- Carries out compliance risk assessments and reviews products, processes, policies and procedures in the bank for compliance in line with compliance policies.
- Develops and maintaining compliance logs and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Compliance Manager.
- Identifies applicable legislation and communicates the impact thereof on the bank’s processes and procedures as per compliance policy requirement.
- Coordinates identification of suspicious transactions in the bank and sends suspicious transaction reports to the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) in line with provisions of the money laundering and proceeds of crime act (9.24).
- Carries out compliance risk assessments and reviews products, processes, policies and procedures for compliance and corporate governance on an ongoing basis.
- Administers the sanction screening and transaction monitoring systems and reports to the Compliance Manager on an ongoing basis.
- Tracks regulatory and legislative changes and recommend appropriate actions whenever necessary.
- Follows up on resolution of identified compliance breaches with line managers of various departments in the bank at least on a fortnightly basis.
- Provides input in designing and implementation of the anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) programs in line with provisions of the money laundering and proceeds of crime act (9.24) and international best practices.
- Monitors implementation of the consumer protection framework and complaints resolutions monthly and recommend appropriate actions whenever necessary.
Qualifications And Experience
- Degree in law [LLB] or Financial Intelligence
- Minimum of two years relevant experience
How To Apply
All applications addressed to email@example.com must be recieved no later than Wednesday 20th July 2022 clearly stating COMPLIANCE OFFICER on the subject line.
NB: All copies of academic and professional qualifications must accompany all applications
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org