Christian Aid exists to create a world where everyone can live a full life, free from poverty. We are a global movement of people, churches and local organisations who passionately champion dignity, equality and justice worldwide. We are the changemakers, the peacemakers, the mighty of heart.
- To provide strategic leadership to Christian Aid’s work in Zimbabwe, ensuring the country programme and staff contribute to and are supported by Christian Aid corporate strategy, ‘Standing Together’.
- To manage, develop and empower staff working for Christian Aid in Zimbabwe to take responsibility within a devolved and decentralised region or continent, working within the corporate framework, agreed annual plans, budgets and defined delegations of authority.
- To be the senior representative of Christian Aid in-country and to develop and promote the country and programme profile within the region or continent and across the wider organisation.
- To contribute to the strategic direction and representation of the division, to proactively engage in networks and learning groups and to review and evaluate other programmes and grants across the region or continent as required.
• The post holder must hold a minimum of a tertiary degree at ‘Masters’ level or equivalent. Ideally the focus in education will be on international development and social sciences, a
related certification in management is desirable
• 5 to10 years’ experience of leadership or senior management. Managing large and complex overseas, multi-partner development programmes, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Considerable experience of international development work including project management. Experience of working with organisations in the global south, working in challenging political contexts, developing strong partnerships with local organisations and churches, and fundraising and liaising with donors.
• A strong understanding of the drivers of poverty and its eradication are important to the role
Familiarity and dedication to the partnership way of working
• Sound knowledge of Office programmes including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Knowledge of relevant database systems
• Written and spoken ability of English and any local language(s)
• Must be dependable and trustworthy
• First hand understanding of Zimbabwean social, political and economic context.
• Certificate in Management
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.christianaid.org.uk.