International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
• Support DTM Unit on the planning, designing and implementation of integrated mechanism for data gathering and information management across all activities to ensure accurate and reliable data is collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner to be further processed.
• Provide support to data collection operations in the context of different DTM exercises (e.g. flow monitoring, baseline assessments, multi-sectoral assessments) being conducted in different provinces of the country.
• Support the identification, recruitment, training and monitoring of enumerators and key informants, as well as follow-up on processing of payments with Resource Management Unit.
• Assist in issuing, monitoring, and managing documentation required for processing procurement of assets (e.g tablets, phones) for the project requirements and follow up on delivery, distribution, and stock in coordination with Procurement unit.
• Support the development of DTM training modules for different stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management mechanism to ensure smooth roll out.
• Support coordination between all relevant Units within IOM (Procurement and Logistics, Finance, Human Resources, PRU, etc) with a special emphasis on building synergies and cooperation as well as backstop ongoing activities.
• Perform such other such duties as may be required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
• Knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system.
• Proven skills to analyse statistical information.
• Demonstrated knowledge of different data collection methodologies;
• Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets.
• Experience with handling confidential data.
• Strong organizational skills to work independently and to prioritize a heavy workload under the pressure of competing assignments.
• Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other units and clients.
• Excellent spoken and written English is essential and in-depth knowledge of local culture and languages, essential.
• Ability to verify, clean and process data.
• Demonstrated computer knowledge use including Microsoft Office, Access, Power BIand ability to use internet and email.
• Good knowledge of the context/geography of Zimbabwe.
• Familiarity with mobile data collection technologies and GPS an advantage
• Strong report presentation skills an advantage
Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Eligibility and Selection
In general, the Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates:
• who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, are as relevant to IOM programmes and activities.
• who recently graduated and have more than one year of relevant working experience.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
• No late applications will be accepted.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by 10July 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement. Applications must include a cover
letter indication your motivation for this internship, educational background relevant to the post and knowledge, skills and competencies and IT skills and programmes that you are
proficient in to make you a suitable candidate for this position.
Female candidates who are qualified and experienced are especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 18 July 2022 to 25 July 2022
Kindly note that this a vacancy REISSUE, previous applicants need not apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org