Consumer Protection Commission
The Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) is now inviting suitably qualified and experienced individuals to apply for the above-mentioned positions that have risen in the Commission.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Transport clients and/or packages to and from destinations
- Arrive at destinations on schedule
- Fulfil administrative needs, like office pickups
- Research and plan for traffic, construction and weather delays
- Use navigation applications to determine the best route
- Interact with other staff professionally at all times
- Ensure that the vehicle is always fuelled and ready for use
- Arrange for vehicle repairs as needed
- Keep mileage logbooks and repair records up-to-date
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly conscious of safety of staff and vehicular property
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of 5 “0” levels
- A valid Class 1 driver’s licence and at least 3 years of driving experience
- Excellent navigation skills and knowledge of delivery locations
- Time management and organizational skills to keep track of deliveries and stay on schedule
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients
- Driver’s license has no police endorsement
- A highly mature individual
How to Apply
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Complete application shall include:
- Application letter; Detailed CV; Copy of National Identification Card; Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) referees.
Deadline: 31 October 2022
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted (The Commission encourages applications from candidates that are multilingual and qualified experienced female applicants).All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org