Environment and Natural Resources Coordination Specialist – Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the delivery of the Zimbabwe Country Programme Framework focusing on sustainable management of natural resources and environmental protection
- Provide technical leadership to all projects with a focus on Environment and Natural resources management in the Zimbabwe country office throughout the project cycle, including formulation and implementation and monitoring of work plans.
- Facilitate dialogue between FAO, government officials, partners and relevant stakeholders at all levels to ensure timely implementation of project activities.
- Represent and show FAO leadership on environment and natural resources management at different forums
- Prepare timely thematic reports for the programme of work as required by various stakeholders (donors, Government, FAO units).
- Participate in the identification, and mobilization of resources required to meet CPF targets
- Coordinate the identification, development and implementation of relevant policies and strategies as prioritized as well as monitor changes in relevant national policies.
- Identify and implement opportunities to integrate on environment and natural resources management into other projects and identify opportunities to create synergies
- Perform other duties as required
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Development Studies/ Natural Resources and Environmental Economics, Project Management or related discipline
- 7 years of relevant experience in project coordination and support
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- National of Zimbabwe
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit unjobs.org.