About the Company
Kurima Solutions is an Agri-Business that forms a part of Toyin Group looking to employ a Farm Manager with extensive Crop Production experience in particular soya bean, wheat, and Tobacco in Zimbabwe.
The Business is well funded and farms over 2000ha Annually with winter and Summer Crops, mainly focusing on Soya, Tobacco, and Wheat. The farms are spread over Mash East and Central in Clusters of circa 500ha. The Business strives to provide healthy, sustainable, and inclusive food production supply chain systems, transforming Client experiences by delivering Consistent quality produce to our Customer Base.
We thrive off efficient farming practices to achieve our Mission ‘to produce the highest quality crops in Africa in the most environmentally and economically sustainable manner.
We have created the right relationships with key multinational food production companies. Combining multiple resources to meet production demand.
The individual will have to have experience in managing all farm operations from land preparation to Harvesting. You will be responsible for the Farms’ Financial performance, and implementing the short to medium-term business strategy. The role requires a flexible individual that is willing to live onsite and may be required to travel to assist in neighboring farms. Agriculture is a 24-7 Operation therefore working unsocial hours is to be expected.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Report directly to the Project and Operations Management providing updates and reports at agreed intervals
Operations – Responsible for overseeing, managing, controlling, and supervising all farming activities
- Detail-oriented with extensive record keeping of crop performance throughout their life cycle.
- Keen problem solver who is focused on efficiency and takes a hands-on approach to management.
- Analysing existing operations, crops, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Train & Manage Crop Guards and ensure they are conducting all crop surveys efficiently and effectively
- Effective and timely reporting of yield losses to enable the organisation to deploy mitigating measures
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are requested and stocked on time for the required application
- Manage Irrigation Teams ensuring all assets are protected and that adequate water is being applied
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Recruit temp labour as required by operational activity
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Must have Attributes
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, soil science, or equivalent.
- Additional courses in business management or administration
- Demonstratable & Traceable 7 years of farming experience of 200-500Ha
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
Health & Safety
- Ensure maintenance of equipment
- Implement Processes and procedures for the management of chemicals
- Implement equipment operating procedures and operator maintenance
- Effective communication to all levels of the organisation
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Evidence-based decision making
Additional advantageous attributes
- HR Qualification
- Project Management Qualification
- Experience in Export Crops
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Salary Based on experience and qualifications
- Fixed term contract with a view of a permanent position for the right candidate
- Forex-related package
- 25 days Holiday
- Production-related bonuses
- Onsite accommodation
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.