Old Mutual is looking for a qulified candidate to fill the position of Head of Operations which has arisen in the department.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain control through responsible operations managers, over day-to-day operations (Account Services, Messaging Centre (SWIFT), Trade and Payments, Credit Back Office & Treasury Back Office Operations) as per the respective Operations policies.
- Manage Losses arising due to operational and process lapses
- Oversee Processing & Reconciliation accuracy of the unit.
- Identify and manage Key Operational Risks through a standardized approach.
- Design Key Control Self Assessments (KCSA) to manage the risk objectives
- Ensure adherence to operational policies, procedures, service standards and performance measures in all areas including managing Operational Risks and KYC.
- Responsible for the deployment of Temenos T24 Bank applications that support various businesses e.g. Treasury’s Reuters 3000; RTGS; Clearing Sybrin etc.
- Liaise with the Bank’s Legal and Compliance for all necessary clarifications and guidance
Representing Technology, to manage production incidents
- Ensure that all technology and business areas work as a team for timely resolution of issues also ensuring relevant communication to business as necessary.
- Work with Problem managers in ICT who own the problems through to resolution.
On-going service improvement
- Manage relevant end-to-end service improvement initiatives and provide regular reports on progress.
- Ensure end-to-end root cause analysis and trend reporting for production issues is carried out and meets business and technology requirements.
- Work with ICT and Help Desk Managers to ensure vendor problem fixes are provided in a timely manner to the standard required.
- To take accountability for an efficient, cost effective and highly resilient local production system (Infrastructure and Applications) and uninterrupted services provision to customers. Ensure business satisfaction is measured and reported on.
Business engagement and dialogues
- To work with the business to define end-to-end SLA’s that are measurable, meaningful and meet business expectations. Ensure Impact of problems is agreed in the SLA (severities are clearly defined) and that there are no instances where a SLA is met but business expectation is not satisfactory.
- Ensure SLA reporting analysis is carried out and communicated to relevant business managers.
- Ensure system improvement plans are in place and tracked. Work with business to schedule maintenance downtime windows.
- Ensure standard change process is adhered to and that business fully understand and approve planned changes. Ensure changes are ready for production and properly tested prior to implementation.
Security and capacity planning
- Ensure local DRP is in place for key systems and testing is carried out to requirements. Ensure all risks are understood by business.
- Ensure security (end to end) meets group security standards. Ensure compliance to relevant policies.
- Identify and report status on local end-to-end risks associated with relevant systems.
- Manage end-to-end audit responsibilities associated with relevant systems. Ensure no negative audits on ‘in scope’ systems.
- Act as the Bank’s Technology point of contact for local regulators and manage any actions accordingly.
- Be responsible for System Administration and ensure compliance to Group ICT Security Standards.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree (in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Banking)
- 8-10 years experience in banking operations at senior level.
- Specialist Trade and International Payments and ALL Payments in general
- Understanding of or knowledge of Temenos T24 and specialist systems such as eBanking, Postilion and SWIFT etc.
- A good knowledge of Treasury transactions back office processing
- A good understanding of Credit Operations and related security documentation.
- Knowledge of regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Vendor Management skills.
- Knowledge of market information systems and services.
- Broad knowledge of local Retail and Corporate markets and products.
- Bachelor of Business Economics (BBE), Bachelor Of Business Studies Honours: Economics And Finance
- Business, Customer Service, Leadership, Market Conduct, Operations Management, People Management, Performance Measurement, Statutory Requirements, Strategic Objectives
How To Apply
To apply for this job please visit oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.