Zim-TTECH is seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to fill the position of ICT Officer for the DREAMS program. The position will be based in Bulawayo. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; epidemiology and strategic information strengthening, health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases.
Zim-TTECH is funded by PEPFAR through the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to implement Strengthening Epidemiology and Strategic Information in the 44 districts of the Republic of Zimbabwe. Zim-TTECH also implements HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) under the Zim-PAAC (Zimbabwe Partnership to Accelerate AIDS Control) Program. Additionally, the ZimPAAC DREAMS consortium comprising of three local partners implements DREAMS activities in four districts in Matabeleland North Province (Bubi, Nkayi, Tsholotsho and Lupane). The contract of employment for this position is renewable yearly subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- Work with Zim-TTECH departments to define program needs, provide ICT support, develop, and adjust ICT plans to meet rapidly evolving program demands. Implement ICT plans and harmonise ICT initiatives and infrastructure.
- Develop and collect (in collaboration with other project team members) quality assurance and performance metrics for ICT implementations, such as usage of ICT tools, accuracy, and timelines of data collection. Maintain infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and upgrading systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software challenges users encounter and monitoring the system daily and responding immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems and creating and verifying backups of data. Install, diagnose, and test computer-related equipment.
- Implement and manage the helpdesk system. Create and implement a plan for repair or replacement of computers and other forms of technology.
Create strong bonds with equipment manufacturers and service providers so that issues can be resolved more quickly.
- Coordinate closely with project and programme managers to understand and support their needs and challenges linked to ICT and assigning projects to other IT professionals as needed.
- Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframes to management. Monitor network to ensure functionality and availability to all system users and installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing cabled, wireless, and other network infrastructure. Support existing/new server(s) and administering access rights for all users in the office in a Windows or Linux environment.
- Maintain local and server based anti-virus software. Create and maintain inventory, which may include hardware, software, and various items such as laser printer cartridges and peripheral equipment. Maintain documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
- Monitor and report on ICT expenses. Assist with preparation of operating budgets based on estimated and actual expenditures for ICT systems and support needs. Ensure ICT equipment, storage and work area is ever clean and organized. Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science is a must and an advanced Degree in a related ICT field, project/strategic management is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in in developing, collecting, and presenting ICT performance management data, user interface design, requirements gathering, and usability testing is preferred.
- Possession of ICT certifications including networking, programming and project management, data security and open data will be preferred.
- Strong experience in large data management and in reporting on sensitive data, including integration with other data sources and in using a mix of paper and digital data management and decentralized data collection processes.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in ICT for development, especially ICT for health activities and an awareness of current best practices and in eHealth initiatives in Zimbabwe/Southern Africa.
- Strong ICT project and team management skills, including development of policies, processes, timelines, and budget/resourcing.
- Direct experience in managing ICT staff and in working with PEPFAR data is essential. Ability to design integration points and provide guidelines on integration with outside data sources such as partners’ data sets, MoHCC ICT systems, et al.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English and knowledge of one or more of the local languages (Shona and/or Ndebele) would be an added advantage and must also be able to present ICT jargon and technical issues in simple language to non-ICT staff.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates to The Human Resources Manager to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be considered.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com