We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individual to join our Executive Management team for the position above
The incumbent will report to the Audit Executive and will be responsible in the preparation and implementation of a risk-based audit plan to assess, and make suggestions for improving TelOne key operational and internal controls relating to information technology.
Duties And Responsibilities
Audit Strategic Planning
- Executes the internal audit activities as outlined in the board approved Audit Plan
- Evaluates the adequacy of the annual audit plan in covering risks facing the business and identify special audits to be done for gap closures.
- Reports execution of annual audit plan to the Audit Executive highlighting achievements, failures, lessons learnt and the overall impact of the reviews on the business.
- Formulates Information Systems audit program guides/procedures for use by Information Systems and Network Auditors when carrying out audits.
Audit Evidence Evaluation
- Reviews evidence gathered by Internal Auditors from the field assignments and ensures that it is based on professional judgment, sufficient and appropriate to enable drawing of reasonable conclusions and thereafter formulate an opinion or findings.
- Reviews Audit Working Papers prepared by Auditors and raises appropriate queries/coaching notes to ensure that sufficient, relevant, reliable and useful audit evidence has been gathered in compliance with Audit Manual, Auditing standards and best practice.
- Guides and shapes the scope of internal audit data gathering through the use of inspection, observation, inquiry, confirmation and computation analytical review methods.
- Engages management in discussing draft reports on conclusion of fieldwork.
- Discusses with management on the findings, observations, recommendations, and agrees on the information Systems audit findings.
- Prepare a formal draft, taking into account any revision or modification resulting from the exit meeting and other discussions.
- Issues out the final report to the appropriate management level when the changes have been reviewed by both internal audit and management.
- Implements performance management for the Information Systems Audit Section in line with TelOne Corporate goals.
- Cascades performance objectives to subordinates and meet key business objectives of revenue generation, revenue collection, profitability and customer satisfaction as and when necessary.
- Implements all aspects of HR functions within the section with respect to recruitment needs, training, review, personal development, performance monitoring and team building.
- Manages staffing issues that ensures members of staff are recruited, retained and developed to fulfil their potential.
- Takes responsibility for absence, disciplinary and grievance policies for the Department.
- Undertakes all people management related activities in accordance with the TelOne’s Standards.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Studies in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Post Graduate Professional Qualification (CISA) or equivalent a must.
- A post graduate degree qualification in Business Management or computer science will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ hands on experience in an Audit related environment with 1 year of which should be in a supervisory position.
- Strong business acumen, management and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with employees and stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically and translate insights into action.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for the above posts, please apply using the following link http://careers.telone.co.zw/ or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 29 July 2022 and any application challenges on the platform please contact our Human Resources team on email@example.com.
NB: Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted. Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org