Information Systems Auditor Summary Under indirect supervision, performs detailed evaluation and internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems. Develops and maintains audit software. Consults with administrators, faculty, and staff on computer information systems operational issues.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Performs general and application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance.
- Directs and/or performs reviews of internal control procedures and security for systems under development and/or enhancements to current systems.
- Maintains and develops computerized audit software.
- Prepares audit finding memoranda and working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions.
- Prepares and presents written and oral reports and other technical information in a pertinent, concise, and accurate manner for distribution to management.
- Consults with and advises administrators and staff on various operational issues related to computerized information systems, and on general business operations as needed. Follows up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective action(s).
- Coordinates and interacts with external auditors, administrators, staff and law enforcement officials as appropriate.
- Assists and trains other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits, as assigned.
Qualifications And Experience
- Minimum Job Requirements Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business related field; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certification/Licensure Cert Information Systems Auditor (CISA), OR Cert Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Cert Public Account (CPA).
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required Knowledge of current technological developments trends in area of expertise. Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in area of specialty.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
How To Apply
Interested persons should submit their applications together with a comprehensive CV and certified copies of educational certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org .
NB: Applicants should clearly state the position being applied for in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com