Almin Metal Industries
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Storesman shall carry out assigned tasks within the guidelines of company standard operating procedures and best practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving, storing, assembling, packing and/or unpacking of goods. This includes ensuring that goods are not damaged and that everything ordered is present and accounted for. Liaising with relevant trades with regard to items required for the completion of tasks.
- Ensuring all purchase orders reflect where materials are to be utilized and are approved by the relevant Supervisor/Team Leader.
- Issuing of tools and ensure cleanness of the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Ensure practices are followed to enable the site to remain free of hazards
- Monitoring of current stock levels to decide if more should be ordered, as well as organizing existing inventory, for easy and safe accessibility
- Assisting and performing stock checks
- Ensuring the safety and security of the stock. This takes the form of ensuring that there are adequate security systems in place and enforcing Health and Safety rules. This also includes keeping the store clean and tidy.
- Listens, understands and follows work instructions from the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- A National Certificate/Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- A relevant degree in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in production or manufacturing industry will be an added advantage.
- Experience hardware and technical stores is a distinct advantage.
- Strong attention to detail, observation, organizational, and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of purchasing and supply management best practices
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical products and hardware.
How To Apply
Email CVs to
Closing date for submission is 21 June 2022 EOD
Note: Late submissions and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com