International Medical Corps
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Assistant is to support the MEAL Manager in the implementation of the MEAL work plan and contribute to achieving and improving the quality of the program/project.
The MEAL Assistant will follow-up progress and collect data on the effectiveness of planned interventions by collecting data and supporting with data analysis. The MEAL Assistant plays an important role in carrying out MEAL activities in the field, including field monitoring and verification, baseline and end line assessments, needs assessment and surveys
Duties And Responsibilities
- Actively promote Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within IMC and amongst its beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the Code of Conduct, ethics, values, and standpoint with regards to internal and external actors
- Use data collection tools to gather qualitative and quantitative data at different levels (facility and community).
- Support MEAL department in development of databases for all programs by using available technologies.
- Implement field level MEAL activities according to the MEAL work plan and support M&E activities, such as physical verification of assets, post distribution monitoring, data quality audits, surveys/assessments, etc.
- Conduct on-site routine data quality assessments at facility and community levels adhering to data quality audit guidelines.
- Apply the concept of random sampling, systematic sampling or appropriate household’s selection method following instructions/guidelines of a manager.
- Conduct qualitative data collection activities and review data from the field for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible.
- Regularly perform data cleaning and data integrity and ensure data quality.
- Perform data entry using a statistical software, under guidance and supervision.
- Understand the purpose, advantages, and disadvantages of mobile data collection techniques.
- Collect data using smart phones/tablets.
- Apply and use basic data visualization skills (use of tables and graphs to represent data and information) for data presentation
- Promote internal learning by sharing timely feedback from and to the field.
- Support the program/project in documenting the lessons learned
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications And Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or related fields.
- Understand the basic monitoring and evaluation concepts and the purpose of MEAL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Personal and organizational skills, including time management and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in the local languages
- Two years’ experience in the relevant field and at least one year experience supporting USAID BHA interventions.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly stating the position title on the email subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org;
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com