Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish mechanization and irrigation service providers in the Activity areas in partnership with private sector and financial partners and other Feed the Future (FTF) activities.
- Provide technical support to mechanization and irrigation service providers and collect and process their mechanization business/income, expenditure, and repair and maintenance data.
- Establish and monitor on-farm mechanization and irrigation trials/demonstrations as per protocols and collect and organize machinery, soil, and agronomic data as per instructions provided.
- Organize awareness meetings, field days, fairs, and other promotional activities in partnership with project partners.
- Assess new and existing farm machinery and other technologies, collect user feedback, prepare reports; and improve machinery in partnership with local manufacturers.
- Support local manufacturers (manufacturing machinery or spares) and local machinery and spare part dealers at the project district.
- Demonstrate, repair, and maintain farm machinery, irrigation equipment, and engines.
- Develop training curricula and train farmers, mechanization service providers, manufacturers, dealers, NGO staff and other partners on operation, repair, trouble shooting, maintenance, and fabrication of farm machinery and irrigation equipment.
- Provide technical support to the SPs, record their machinery problems, and develop solutions in partnership with local manufacturers and machinery suppliers.
- Develop and regularly update database of machinery suppliers, manufacturers, part dealers at project districts.
- Support preparation of technical bulletins, leaflets, and other promotional materials.
- Liaise with other USAID FTF and related activities in the locality and identify and implement activities of mutual benefits.
- Assist Activity team in implementing their research and field activities.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- MS in Farm Machinery/Mechanization or related field or BSc Agricultural Engineering with minimum three years of relevant experience.
- Have experience in establishment and monitoring of research experiments involving seeders and other smallholder machinery.
- Clean Class 3 & 4 driver’s license is a must. Defensive Driving Certificate will be an added advantage.
- The selected candidates must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation and Communication.
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org