This position will strengthen AWF Zimbabwe’s MEL capacity with close collaboration and guidance through an existing MEL Unit domiciled at AWF Headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya. The MEL Officer will be responsible for coordinating all MEL activities in Zimbabwe and other efforts with sectoral MEL partners such as Zimbabwe Parks Authority, MIKE-Project, Convention for Biological Diversity (CBD) and others.
This entails developing and maintaining an enabling environment for MEL, building staff capacity in MEL, strengthening management information system, The MEL Officer will keep abreast of state-of-the-art MEL approaches to ensure the use of technically appropriate monitoring and evaluation models and information systems. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Knowledge Management (line manager) and will be based in Zimbabwe with significant travel in within Zimbabwe and the wider East and Southern Africa region as needed.
The work to be accomplished by the successful individual shall consist of the following: Developing and Maintaining the Enabling Environment for MEL
- Develop and maintain good working relations with AWF staff in Zimbabwe and partners to ensure that MEL remains a high priority in the country office;
- Provide support to MEL unit in the region and other Zimbabwe program staff who are keen to develop more strategic approaches to improving MEL within their programs;
- Actively contribute to all aspects of the MEL staff recruitment process for new programming in the country program to ensure that MEL perspectives are considered;
- Ensure MEL technical assistance is available to partners units;
- Support AWF Zimbabwe in their dialogue with key donors, to ensure that AWF Zimbabwe’s MEL activities are meaningful and achievable;
- Lead the socialization of all MEL guidelines and tools among staff in Zimbabwe and in the region.
- Work closely with the project teams to utilize the collaborative, learning and adapting (CLA) approach to continually assess project progress and inform project management decision-making;
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit unjobs.org.