Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor data collection process of on-farm agronomic trials and demonstrations ensuring that data is timely recorded, entered and submitted in the right format. Basic knowledge of field trial designs and agronomic practices of cereals would be a plus.
- Integrate datasets (of many locations and several years), appropriate curation and organize them in a way to make it readily usable. Should be very comfortable in handling MS Excel spreadsheets with large datasets.
- Prepare reports and keep databases as per standards formats and as per need.
- Facilitate and support the hub/field teams for preparing annual work plan (Detail Implementation Plan -DIP) and reporting of progress on activities as planned in the DIP in close coordination with other concerned project staff.
- Develop and update monitoring tools based on the reporting needs provided by the donor and the project leads.
- Follow the M, E&L reporting and documentation requirements and donor guidelines.
- Facilitate to develop the capacity of project staff on data collection and reporting.
- Technical backstopping to project staff on effective and timely reporting of project activities.
- Provide feedback to the hub teams for quality reports and achieve project targets in time.
- Support to develop action plans and strategies.
- Closely work with all concerned officials and concerned personnel to consolidate reports.
- Participate in M&E-related activities and other relevant activities at different levels.
- Follow up and monitor the field level project activities frequently so that reporting would reflect reality.
- Prepare and deliver hub-wise and activity progress reports monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annually as per need of the M, E&L reporting system.
- Ensure that the reporting made by the staff accurately meets the reporting deadlines and quality standards.
- Oversee and make sure that the information required for M&E and project implementation are properly collected, processed, and documented at hub and activity levels.
- Provide support and maintenance to existing MIS systems and maintain documentation to allow smooth operation and easy system maintenance.
- Systematically store and manage project datasets of the assigned geographical domain.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the project lead related to monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree (Agriculture, Economics, or related fields) with 5 years of relevant work experience, or master’s degree with 2 years of relevant work experience, in the field of monitoring, evaluation of learning or feedback.
- Knowledge of USAID programs and procedures, with emphasis on monitoring, evaluation, and learning procedures.
- Preferred – skill sets of designing questionnaires/surveys on digital platforms (ODK, CSPro, KoBo, etc.) and knowledge of R-based data processing and analytics.
- Experience and evidence of qualitative data collection (feedback surveys, participatory research).
- Experience in delivery of field-level extension activities, organizing training and delivery, and training received in agriculture-related subjects.
- Good spoken and written skills in both English and Shona.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a range of institutions.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level, knowledge of common ICTs and their use in agricultural extension systems.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment.
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license is a must. Defensive Driving Certificate will be an added advantage.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation and Communication.
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com