- Overall responsibility for the effective implementation of the Youth CAN! Project, using a human-centred design approach to support demand creation for essential adolescent health and wellbeing services through the Champions of Change model
- Identifies and trains community-based mentors on gender, adolescent health and human centred design using the Champions of Change (CoC) model.
- Identifies and creates service linkages for pregnant or lactating adolescent mothers including establishment of adolescent mother support groups at community level
- Co-develops key adolescent health and wellbeing messaging for digital dissemination with cohorts of young people, including supporting young people in the development of a policy brief on identified issues
- Supports the development of an Interpersonal Personal Communication Toolkit for pregnant and lactating adolescent mothers
- Liaises with and supports community volunteers, including Child Care Workers and Community Health Workers for time-sensitive response and service provision, in line with existing protocols and standards.
- Ensure all relevant authorities are included in the planning and implementation of the project as appropriate
- Ensure key stakeholders are kept informed of Plan activities as appropriate (e.g. donor, government authorities etc)
Monitoring and evaluation
- Support collection and analysis of project data
- Assist MERL Coordinator to update and maintain project database
Operations and program coordination
- Represent Plan International at stakeholder meetings, including presentation of the progress of the project
- Carry out donor liaison and generate accurate relevant donor reports as required by the project
- Ensure familiarity with donor compliance issues, ensuring the project is compliant with these and Plan procedures.
- Monitor expenses against the approved budget ensuring timely utilization of funds and compliance with donor requirements.
- Appropriate administrative, financial and logistical Plan systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Manage the program budget in line with donor requirements and Plan operating standards
- Responsible for the preparation of projected expenditures quarterly.
- Overall responsibility of the project financial management in line with approved program document.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
- Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy; Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities
- A First Degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Social Science, Gender Studies, or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience at a similar level in gender, adolescent health and/or adolescent/youth programming and community development
- Knowledge of matters related to adolescent sexual and reproductive health and the human centred-design approach and the Champions of Change model
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities, and implications to community development
- Knowledge of the local languages
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially vulnerable children including adolescent mothers
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high quality disability inclusive programming
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
- Promotes innovation and learning
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit unjobs.org.