Save the Children International
The Project Manager (Education) will be responsible for providing program leadership on all Education Programs for Save the Children. He will also provide leadership and guidance to the SC project team. S/he will spearhead in bringing innovations and draw up learning from the proven education related initiatives and assist in further scaling up into programs to meet the strategic objectives of SC in Zimbabwe. The Project Manager will be responsible to expand and strengthen working relations with the international communities and embassies that are committed to supporting educational improvement in Zimbabwe. He/She will be engaged in quality assurance, including timely report submission of the overall education programme and secure necessary strategic cooperation with multi and bilateral donors and key embassies who are interested in education programs in Zimbabwe.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree in Education or a relevant Social Sciences discipline. A post graduate qualification is a necessity.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an environment of work with children. Experience in an NGO environment is an added advantage, including experience directing and implementing programs for children in both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in the education sector.
- Extensive knowledge in education and child development, and child protection issues.
- Good interpersonal and public relations, as well as advocacy skills and ability to network; a flair for social research and report writing.
- Demonstrable knowledge in project proposal writing, project implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to think strategically, recognize program and persuade colleagues of learning program opportunities that Save the Children should exploit.
- Good interpersonal, advocacy and counselling skills,
- Flair for research and report writing,
- Excellent public relations and ability to network.
- Computer literacy, particularly in Word, Power Point and Excel.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 18 March 2021
N.B: The vacancy is subject to award winning.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.