Cotton Company of Zimbabwe (COTTCO)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to the Safety and Health Officer position at the Cotton Company of Zimbabwe (COTTCO)
The candidate will be ensuring effective proactive management of all occupational safety, health and environment risks related to the organization’s processes and activities in line with SHE standards, legislative and best practice requirements. Developing Safety and Health Management systems and procedures and ensures that all systems in place are being followed and adhered to.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Analyzing the various process flows of departments and sections through conducting risk assessments in order to identify safety and health hazards, risks and develops hazard control methods, procedures and programs.
- Preparing a compliance register for the organization and ensures adherence to all legal requirements to avoid litigation.
- Participating in incident and accident investigations, through analyzing and reporting all incidents and accidents and recommends remedial action plans.
- Developing an accident notification system to inform parties on Safety and Health incidences for awareness purposes.
- Conducting planned and random Safety and Health inspections.
- Preparing weekly and monthly SHE Reports and Statistics.
- Carrying out Safety campaigns within the workplace through researching topical issues in SHE and educating employees on hazards, risks and against any adverse effects.
- Advising personnel across all levels on implementation of new or existing related – legislation, rules and company standards that will facilitate user departments inefficiency and zero harm in their work activities.
- Promoting environmental protection through identifying environmental aspects and impacts in the workplace and develops control methods, procedures and programs to mitigate negative impacts.
Qualifications And Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Safety, Health and Environment Management or equivalent.
- Certificate/Diploma in occupational health and safety certificate is an added advantage.
- Proven experience as a Safety & Health Officer, at least three (3) years’ work experience in the same or related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHE) and procedures.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Conversant will all Microsoft office packages.
How To Apply
Applications and CVs to be forwarded not late than Sunday 03 April 2022 to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org