An opportunity exists for a Scheduler to join our dynamic team based in Zimbabwe supporting our Botswana corridor.The purpose of this role is to organise and manage the teller’s float to make sure that they don’t run out and are not over funded.The Scheduler reports to the Lead Scheduler. This position is responsible for: a. managing the tellers’ float; point person for teller support; makes sure that we remain within the insurance limits at each location; reconciliation for all trading activities done by the teller; monitor CIT live recons; ensure
that every cash movement has been listed in the system; ensure that all locations have sufficient cash to trade for the day.
Duties And Responsibilities (Includes But Is Not Limited To)
- Updating regional recons on a daily basis
- Summarise the cash movement
- Identify and follow up on variances
- Update on the recons, all new tellers and remove all tellers who have left the company
- They should report any suspicious activities to the Lead Scheduler
- Point person for the tellers
- Gives solution to all teller queries
- Must be friendly to the tellers for them to feel comfortable to approach them
- Must be ready to liaise with clients if need be
- Managing the teller’s float
- Forecasts the amount which a teller might use within a day
- Ensures that we remain within the insurance limits for trading and the location.
- Grade 12 or equivalent (essential)
- 1 years’ experience in a foreign exchange teller / treasury / accounts environment (essential)
- Understanding (spoken and written) English and relevant local language (essential)
- At least 1 years’ experience as a teller within Mukuru
- Must have experience in generating reports
- Knowledge of the teller work system- Mukuru app
- Knowledge of all Mukuru products, current and new
- Knowledge of AML
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Logistics experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of foreign exchange
- Knowledge of reconciliations
- Knowledge of cash logistics
- Knowledge of banking
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Should pay attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Be prepared to go the extra mile
- Able to think fast and come up with solutions fast.
Should you be appointed in a remote/work from home role at Mukuru, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have uninterrupted internet connectivity and a ‘work-like’ environment at your home location, in order to deliver your best in terms of performance, productivity and service to our customers.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.