Childline Zimbabwe is a local Private Voluntary Organisation specialising in child protection looking for a qualified individual to take up the role of Project Officer — Social Worker for a project focusing on creating a safe environment for children.
• Provide direct counselling & therapeutic support to child survivors of abuse, gender based violence and those affected by HIV/AIDS.
• Work closely with the relevant government departments in following -up on reports received of child abuse and gender based violence, including home visits within the community using a case management approach.
• Conduct specialized group counselling services, including therapeutic support groups and running parenting groups.
• Lead in community risk mapping exercise and advocate for rehabilitation of unsafe spaces in the community.
• Work jointly with other stakeholders in ensuring effective child protection, GBV and HIV / AIDS programming, making referrals and networking.
• Maintain accurate records of services provided; submit regular reports on activities and statistics using the case management model.
• Raise awareness in the community on issues of child protection and gender-based violence giving presentations and facilitating workshops.
• Work with peer facilitators in coordinating peer to peer activities.
• Lead in the development of child safeguarding policies in local schools.
• Support the organisations fundraising activities in the local community.
• Work as part of a team towards achieving the organisations vision, mission and core values.
• A degree in Social Work.
• Up to date registration with the Council of Social Workers.
• Previous experience of individual counselling & working with the Department of Social Development, Police – VFU and the justice system.
• At least 2 years’ experience of working with children, child protection and children’s rights.
• Written & spoken proficiency in English, Ndebele/or Shona.
• Strong networking and advocacy skills.
• Good analytical and writing skills as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Clean Class 4 Driver’s licence with at least 3 years driving experience.
• Previous experience in the NGO sector is an added advantage.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Childline Zimbabwe reserves the right not to fill the position.
All applications should include a covering letter and detailed CV. Applications to be sent to The HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org copying byo.branchmanagerchildline.org.zw
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com