WFP Zimbabwe’s July 2022-December 2026 CSP focuses on the below areas:
- Social and humanitarian assistance for food-and nutrition-insecure populations in targeted rural and urban areas.
- Support to urban food insecure households for resilient livelihoods.
- Support to rural communities for climate resilient livelihoods, sustainable management of natural resources and enhanced participation in local markets and value chains.
- Collaboration with national actors to enhance capacities to develop, coordinate and implement well-informed, effective, and equitable actions for achieving food and nutrition security
- Services to humanitarian and development actors in Zimbabwe so they can implement their programmes and provide support to their beneficiaries in an efficient, effective, and reliable way at all times, including during crises.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Post daily WFP Food dispatches (OBDs) using WFP corporate system (processing shipments and groups)
- Ensure good warehousing practices, housekeeping, record keeping, dusting of stacks, proper stacking, etc
- Perform any other task as per supervisor’s instructions.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A Diploma or Degree in the related functional area is desirable. Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English Language and local languages.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible support work experience in warehousing, supply chain, logistics or general administrative work.
Working expertise of warehousing and supply chain systems.
Click Here To Apply
To apply for this job please visit unjobs.org.