Agricultural Finance Company Holdings (AFC)
ROLE PROFILE AFC Insurance, a subsidiary of AFC Holdings seeks to recruit x2 Underwriters. Reporting to the Underwriting Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for all the underwriting duties as required by the business. We seek to recruit self-motivated individuals with a drive to ‘,get things done”
Duties And Responsibilities
- Underwriting short term classes of insurance including specialist classes such as agriculture, engineering, bonds and guarantees.
- Attending to various quotation requests from direct clients, agents and brokers.
- Processing of Facultative reinsurance transactions timeously according to set guidelines.
- Liasing with brokers or potential customers to discuss insurance covers as well as developing and maintaining long-term business relationships.
- Constantly liaising with claims and risk management department on risk mitigation measures guided by survey reports or claims assessment reports.
- Preparing loss ratios and making recommendations per risk class.
- Assisting claims department on clarifying the scope of cover.
- Assisting credit controllers on premium accounting discrepancies.
- Adhering to legal requirements, industry regulations and customer quality standards set by the business.
Qualifications And Experience
- Honours Degree in Risk Management and Insurance.
- Diploma in short term insurance an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in short term insurance underwriting.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable ability lo use reasonable and sound judgement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit applications accompanied by a detailed resume by no later than 28 August 2022. All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position being applied for as your e-mail subject reference.
NB: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com